Companies House will consider your appeal against your late filing penalty for your company accounts only if your circumstance led to you deliver your company accounts late was of exceptional.
Companies House would not accept the following reasons as exceptional.
- You are unable to pay the penalty.
- Your accountants failed to file the accounts on time for you.
- Your accountants were sick.
- You are not familiar with the filing requirements.
- Your first time failing to file accounts on time.
- Your company is bankrupt.
- Your accounts were lost in the post.
- Your company directors were travelling and unable to sign the accounts.
- Your company is not trading.
- Your company is dormant.
You must pay your late filing penalty otherwise Companies House would take legal actions against you.
It is a good idea to discuss your limited company filing requirements with an accountant to avoid expensive late filing penalty in the future.