How to request your company’s authentication code from Companies House is easy.
The authentication code is a 6 character password made up of the combination of alphabets and numbers. The code is the equivalent of your company’s director or company secretary’s signature and it is linked to your company’s number. Please keep safe of the code.
You can use this code to submit your confirmation statement and company accounts online.
Forgot your authentication code
You may request your authentication code from Companies House. If you have forgotten your code.
Do it online.
- Sign in to Companies House web filing.
- Enter the email address and your password you registered for web filing service.
- Then, you will be directed to the sign in to a company page.
- You will see the link “request an authentication code” above the sign in blue button. Click on it.
- You will be directed to Request an authentication code page.
- Step 1 : Select where your company was incorporated. Enter your company number then click the continue button.
- Step 2: Review your company information displayed to make sure it is correct. Your company registered office will be displayed there. if it is correct then you click on the request code button.
Companies House will send your authentication code to your company registered office within 5 working days. If you did not receive the code after 5 working days, contact Companies House.