Certificate of incorporation is issued to your limited company once your company registration application has been approved by Companies House and been successfully incorporated.
The certificate is a conclusive evidence of that your limited company has been registered in accordance with the Companies Act in the United Kingdom.
Your certificate of incorporation will have the following information printed on it:
- Your company name.
- Your company registration number (eight digits number only).
- The type of company whether your company is a limited or unlimited company and if it is limited whether it is limited by shares or limited by guarantee.
- Whether your company is a private or public limited company.
- Where is your company’s registered office situated in England and Wales, Wales, Scotland or in Northern Ireland.
- The date of incorporation of your limited company. The date is the date Companies House issued your certificate on incorporation.
Your certificate is stamped with the official seal of the Registrar of Companies.
The certificate is important when come to opening of your company bank account. Your bank would ask for this certificate and other incorporation documents.
You may now start your business straight away. Remember to include your company number and registered office address in your company’s letterhead and website.