Company name

You have recently changed your company names with Companies House. The certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name has been issued by the Registrar of Companies to your company, it is important you know which company names should be entered in your confirmation statement CS01 form if you are doing the paper filing.

Using Companies House webfiling system would minimise errors and the system would capture your correct company names in your CS01 form.

Confirmation Statement

Which company name to put when comes to filing your confirmation statement? Your old company name or the new ones? It is dependent on the date of your confirmation statement and also the date printed on the certificate of incorporation on change of name.

Basically, the company names to pencil down is the company legal name as at the confirmation statement date.

Put old name

Take an example, your confirmation statement date is 18 January 2019 and you changed your company name from EXCEL SERVICE LTD to BEST IN TOWN LTD.

You received the certificate of change of name with BEST IN TOWN LTD from Companies House on 28 January 2019. You put your old company name – EXCEL SERVICE LTD on your confirmation statement.

Put new name

Using the same example, If your confirmation statement date is 31 January 2019. You received your certificate of change of name on 28 January 2019. Then you put BEST IN TOWN LTD as your company name in your confirmation statement.

Change of your company names does not alter the company number.

Person with Significant Control – PSC

Limited company registered in the United Kingdom is to disclose the PERSON with SIGNIFICANT CONTROL (PSC) behind the company with Companies House.

Who is PSC?

The PSC is anyone in your company who meets one or more of the conditions according to Companies Act 2006. He/she is someone who:

1) Owns more than 25% of the company’s shares.
2) Holds more than 25% of the company’s voting rights.
3) Holds the right to appoint or remove the majority of directors.
4) Has the right to, or actually exercises significant influence or control.
5) Holds the right to exercise or actually exercises significant control over a trust or company that meets one of the first four conditions.


The PSC names would be published in Companies House website.

Where a nominee shareholder or a nominee director is present in your limited company for whatever reasons, your PSC in the case would be the person your nominee is representing in your company.

How to inform Companies House

You are required to register your PSC’s particulars with Companies House using the Companies House forms.

  • PSC01 if your PSC is an individual.
  • PSC02 if your PSC is an entity
  • PSC03 for other registerable PSC

You must include your PSC details when filing your confirmation statement with Companies House.

Subscribe to our Blog

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 10 other subscribers.

Concise Accountancy

Registered as auditors in the United Kingdom by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Company no. 06781243. VAT no. GB 970543023. Registered office at 85 Great Portland Street London W1W 7LT United Kingdom.

© 2019 Concise Accountancy - All Rights Reserved