Customer Login | Search This Site:   Go  

What we do Company accounts Fixed fee accounts Register a company Person with Significant Control (PSC) Check VAT numbers About us Careers
Latest UK Business News : University pensions chief says striking academics are being misled      UK?s reliance on gas for heating exposed by cold snap      UK?s high-yield high street struggles under hefty debt load      How internecine warfare tore apart the Institute of Directors      UK set to back down over fishing quotas during Brexit transition      

SH01 - Shares allotment


You may increase your company's share capital by alloting shares. The UK company law requires company director to deliver a return of allotment which is the form SH01 to Companies House within one month of the shares allotment. The statement of capital must be completed as part of this form. 

You may download the form SH01 here for free.

Paid and Unpaid shares

You must specify the amount of shares paid in cash and unpaid in the return of allotment of shares form.

Non cash consideration for the shares allotted

If the shares allotted fully or partly for non-cash consideration, you must show the extent to which your company have treated the shares as paid up on the form SH01 and you must also include a brief description of the non-cash payment for the shares.

Series of allotment

You can notify a series of allotments on the same form SH01, but you must send the form SH01 to Companies House no later than one month after the date of the first allotment. If you do this, the statement of capital should reflect your company’s position following the last allotment.

Bonus Shares

Your company must notify the allotment of bonus shares to Companies House on form SH01. It should show the amount paid on each share as nil or zero and the shares as paid up otherwise than in cash.

Allotment of shares by unlimited company

An unlimited company only needs to notify Companies House if it is allotting a new class of shares i.e. class of shares which have rights that differ in any way to any previously allotted shares. You must complete and deliver a form SH09.

When filing your Confirmation statement with Companies House, you are required to update your statement of capital using the CS01 additional information page form.

If you require help in preparing and submitting the form SH01 with Companies House, our London Accountants at Concise Accountancy are more than happy to assist you. Feel free to contact us or email us at

Concise Accountancy – Making company filing simple for businesses
Email This Page  Print This Page