A private limited company limited by shares may apply to Companies House to re-register its legal status to a public limited company (PLC). The private limited company must pass a special resolution.
The company re-registration form RR01 for the application to re-register as a public limited company must be completed and deliver to Companies House together with the following legal documents.
- A copy of the special resolution
- A printed copy of the amended articles of association
- A copy of the relevant balance sheet
- A copy of the auditor's written statement
- A copy of the auditor's unqualified report
- A copy of the valuation report if recent allotment of shares for a non-cash consideration
- A statement of the proposed secretary to be included If your company do not have a secretary.
Companies House also provides other company re-registration services to UK businesses.
Concise Accountants - Making company re-registration simple for businesses