This article discussed about transferring shares of private limited company to new shareholder and the administration involved.
Transfer of shares to a new shareholder within the UK Company is very common. Circumstances leads to transfer of shares are:
• The company become subsidiary or associated company of another company
• agreement between family members
• agreement between business partners
To legalise the transfers, the following papers must be completed and registered:
• Stock transfer form signed by the transferor and transferee and stamp duty to be paid to HM Revenue and Customs if applicable.
• New share certificate to be issued to the new shareholder.
• The changes in shareholders to be presented in the company’s annual return.
If you require help to take care of your company’s shares transfer’s administration, please do not hesitate to contact our accountants at Concise.