Customer Login | Search This Site:   Go  

What we do Register a company Company accounts Abbreviated accounts Types of business taxes Person with Significant Control for Limited Company Paying staff and PAYE Apply VAT numbers Check VAT numbers Fixed fee accounts About us Careers
Latest UK Business News : RMT calls simultaneous strikes as strife spreads      Bank of England?s Charlotte Hogg warns on Brexit ?challenge?      Brexit and Trump push world trade deals up EU list      Britain?s chancellor faces the limits of austerity      BT to cut bills for landline-only customers      

Registered Office


Under UK company law, a limited company must have a registered office address in the UK.

Registered office must be a physical address

The address must be a real address but it does not have to be the place where you carry out your business activities. PO Box numbers alone are not acceptable.

What mails go to your registered office?

Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs will write to you at your registered office address therefore it is important that you deal promptly with any mails sent to there.

If you are running your business from home or you live outside UK and wish to own a UK limited company it may be ideal that you purchase a registered office services from your accountant or a company formation agent.

All mails received from Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs including any legal demand will be forwarded to your desired address promptly. The forwarding service can either be by post or scan and email to you depending on your arrangement.

If you are buying the registered office services from a company formation agent, it is your responsibility to pass any correspondences from Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs to your accountants to deal with your company query promptly. Failure to respond to any query may be subject to fines.

Confirmation statement

Your company registered office address must be presented in your confirmation statement and your company accounts. If you have changed your registered office address or moved to a new place you are required by law to inform Companies House of your new registered office address by completing relevant Companies House forms.

If you have any other questions to do with UK company registered office address, please contact one of our accountants.

Concise Accountancy - Making company administration simple for businesses.

Email This Page  Print This Page