Customer Login | Search This Site:   Go  

What we do Register a company Company accounts Abbreviated accounts Types of business taxes Person with Significant Control for Limited Company Paying staff and PAYE Apply VAT numbers Check VAT numbers Fixed fee accounts About us Careers
Latest UK Business News : What the BHS settlement means for former employees      RMT calls simultaneous strikes as strife spreads      Bank of England?s Charlotte Hogg warns on Brexit ?challenge?      Brexit and Trump push world trade deals up EU list      Britain?s chancellor faces the limits of austerity      

What is annual return?


The Confirmation statement replaces the annual return filing.

Every company registered with Companies House are legally required to file Annual Return with the Registrar of Companies at least once every 12 months.

Annual Return is a snapshot of general information about your company director, secretary, registered office address, shareholders and share capital.

Annual Return is a separate document to your company accounts.

You may file your annual return by submitting Form AR01 if the return date is due after 1 October 2009 or Form 363a if the due date is before 1 October 2009. There is statutory filing fee payable to Companies House.

What information is needed for Annual Return?

  • Your company name

  • Your Company number. This is the number given by Companies House and can be found in your certificate of incorporation.

  • The date to which the annual return is made up, often this is referred to as the made up date. The made up date is usually the anniversary of the incorporation of your company or the date of previous annual return registered with Companies House.

  • Your company business activities so that a SIC code can be allocated to your company.

  • Type of your company whether it is a private limited company or public limited company.

  • Registered office address of your company. This address must be kept up to date at all times as all legal notices and statutory mails from Companies House and UK tax office will be sent there.

  • The address where you keep your company statutory books if it is not kept at your company registered office. This address is called SAIL (Single Alternate Inspection Location).

  • Details of person directors and corporate directors.

  • State whether the shares of your company has been traded in the regulated market.

  • A statement of capital

  • Details of shareholders.

Concise Accountancy - Making company administration simple for businesses

Email This Page  Print This Page